1) Membership fees are defacto shares and must be remitted to the Corporate Treasurer.
2) One half of membership fees are to be retained by the appropriate Region
1) Remit to the Corporate account on a regular basis one half of the membership dues collected. This transfer may be made by either direct deposit to the Corporate account or by cheque through the mail. The Corporate Treasurer must be notified by email or direct mail of each deposit and a copy of the deposit slip is to accompany this notice.
2) All deposits must be accompanied by a list of the members’ names to which the dues apply.
3) In the case of new members the name, address, etc must be submitted unless the membership was created online, in which case name and email address must be submitted.
4) All membership data (whether renewal or new) must be transmitted to the National Membership Rep for the purpose of maintaining the membership database.
5) On a monthly basis, ensure that all deposits shown on the bank statement co-relate to deposit slips.
6) On a regular basis, reconcile online membership payments with each Region and arrange for funds transfer payments.
7) Reconcile the deposits against the membership list provided by the National Membership Rep.
8) Arrange to have the national financial records audited on an annual basis.
9) Complete a financial report each year for the Canada Revenue Agency in a format prescribed by the CRA.
10) The National Membership Rep shall maintain the membership database from the supplied Region lists and provide details to the Corporate Treasurer on request.
Lucette Maillour Muir
|Rev #||Date||Change Description||Approval Method||Reference||Remarks|
|1||Mar 2012||Control of Dues of 2004 superseded due to increase in annual dues, and the distribution of dues||Changed from MS Word format to PDF|
|2||Jan 2013||Updated to reflect new split in dues||BOD Meeting||Minutes||Changed to web layout|
|3.||Jan 2019||Updated to reflect actual responsibilities||BOD Meeting||Minutes Jan 2019|