and Procedures: Election Policy
Published under the authority of the HKVCA Elections Committee,
Kathie Carlson (Chair) This document amplifies guidance found in the
Reference, and is brief, providing only the critical information you
need to nominate someone.
"Call for Nominations" for the HKVCA National Board of Directors
The Election Committee formally “Calls for Nominations” for HKVCA
National Board Directors. The Nomination forms are attached to the
Spring edition of the 2020 Newsletter and online. All current members
are urged to consider whom they feel would contribute their time, energy
and skills, to ensure that the spirit, purpose and success of HKVCA are
carried forth into the future.
Members are asked to review the
following before submitting your nominations to the Election Committee:
- This Elections Committee is seeking nominees for a maximum of ten (10)
- The Term of Office for all Directors is two years. (There is
no longer a limit to the number of sequential terms a member may serve.)
- You may nominate as many as ten (10) people. (Consider advising any
nominee(s) of your plans.)
- A nominee must be at least eighteen (18)
- You (nominator) must be a member in good standing, with dues
for the current year paid.
- A nominee must be an HKVCA member or become a
member within ten (10) days after election or appointment as a Director
Fill in the nomination form, either found as an attachment to the
Spring edition of our newsletter or
online (PDF), or
Please note the following:
- All Nomination Forms must have a postmark or email date, on or
before April 30th, 2020.
- The Elections Committee will validate the Nominees by contacting
them to ensure their willingness to serve. A short biography will be
required at that time. Deadline for receipt of biographies is May
15th, 2020, for the nominee to be included on the election ballot.
- If there are more than 10 valid nominees, the Elections
Committee will conduct an election. Instructions for this phase will
be included in the Summer edition of the newsletter.
If you or someone you know is interested in volunteering for positions on the
Regional Councils, please make recommendations directly to your current Regional
- Select the Form in PDF format,
suitable for printing, filling-out, and mailing. Please fill in all the
information that you can.
- Choose our convenient online web form.
Use the "Contact Us" link at the top of this page.